The School for CEOs is an innovative concept in executive education, helping organisations prepare individuals for senior leadership positions and strengthen their succession pipeline. Pragmatic and effective, the School was founded on one premise: delivering results.
The School offers intensive programmes, workshops, coaching and mentoring for senior business people from a wide range of organisations. These include listed companies, private equity portfolio businesses, private firms and family businesses.
The School is aimed at:
- High-potential senior executives with the runway and ambition to become CEOs of quoted, private or family businesses (eg. Finance Directors, Divisional Managing Directors, functional leaders), or Senior Partners of professional services firms.
- Existing CEOs of quote, private or family businesses, or Senior Partners of professional services firms, who wish to deepen and broaden their leadership.
The School’s programmes provide practical lessons for immediate use:
- Vital Few is a two-day residential programme that helps executives develop the knowledge and skills required to tackle the challenges of the top role.
Delegates benefit from the combination of practical and theoretical learning delivered by real-world practitioners who currently sit, or have sat, in the hot seat themselves.
- Runway is a one-day workshop designed for individuals with the potential to become senior leaders. It helps them realise that potential and position themselves for success.
Delegates receive extensive feedback on their readiness to step up to the next level and identification of areas of strength and development. They create and refine a personal development plan, specifically geared to support aspiring business leaders over 3-5 years.
- Coaching as a leadership style, feedback and performance management
- Cultural transformation
- Leading change
- Personal branding
- Resilience and purpose
- Strategic influencing style
Our Leadership Series consists of half-day modules addressing major themes emerging from our programmes and research, enabling senior business leaders to tackle specific areas which help determine their success:
Both Runway and the Leadership Series are available as an in-house corporate programme or as a consortia programme for delegates from multiple organisations. Each can be tailored to the client organisation’s needs.
The School has assembled a strong Faculty of accomplished business leaders including CEOs, Chairs and expert practitioners (corporate finance, PR etc.). The Faculty delivers carefully-designed training and education modules, based upon our proprietary research, with an aim to fulfil the ‘alchemy of leadership’.
The Advisory Board, Faculty, and programme delegates together form a growing and vibrant network of experienced business leaders. A regular series of alumni events helps to cement this network.
The School’s published research report ‘Stepping up to CEO’ validated and reinforced the vision of preparing people for great leadership. Conversations with CEOs and Chairs explored the challenges they face and highlighted potential obstacles to success.
The School’s latest research, to be published in November 2016, investigates the key leadership challenges in the 21st Century. This research aims to discover how CEOs can be best prepared for the future.
In 2015 School for CEOs was awarded Best Learning & Development Supplier by the prestigious Training Journal at the TJ Awards.
It was nominated for the award by Coats Group plc, the world’s leading industrial thread and consumer textile crafts business. The judging panel looked for a supplier that has the following qualities:
- A broad understanding of best practice excellence in the field of L&D
- An exceptional knowledge of their subject matter or product field
- Has an ability to build relationships with customers that go beyond the usual customer/supplier relationship
- Strong codes of practice and ethics in their operations and
- An ability to adapt and change in today’s high-paced L&D environment.
For the judges, “School for CEOs was the outstanding candidate in this year’s entries. The offering was unique and their credibility was evident. They were able to demonstrate direct impact of their interventions and this impact was significant to both the board and the business at Coats.”
Andy Speak, Chief HR Officer at Coats, said School for CEOs has helped to nurture the top executives at his company. “Our partnership with School for CEOs has broadened our leaders’ perspectives, developing their self-awareness and management behaviours”.