A survey to 200 CFOs has revealed the top challenges that finance functions face.
- 70% of CFOs would like to perform more planning cycles
- 56% state they have too many spreadsheets
- 49% cite planning cycles are too labour intensive
- 51% confirm the volume of data prevents them
The research highlights the weaknesses in existing solutions and an unprecedented dominance of spreadsheets. With Excel so widely used, the effects of bad spreadsheets has significant consequences to the majority of the important of tasks carried out by finance departments.
The findings have been document in a whitepaper “Counting on Data – Putting Finance Departments in Control” and examines:
- How finance functions manage the key tasks of budgeting, period-end closing, and planning
- Takes a look at the changing role of finance
- Considers alternatives to spreadsheets and summarises how CFOs and finance departments can spend less time engaging with spreadsheets, and more time engaging with the business